Summer Events and Project Coordinator – Entry Level Contract for Students Job Description
We are looking for a high energy and proactive student to be our Events and Project Coordinator and assist and support Prologue’s summer program initiatives. This will include the administration and onsite duties as it relates to all aspects of the summer projects allocated for 2022. Oversight and support by the Events and Project Coordinator will extend to multiple areas of the project’s scope – such as marketing, programming, production and administration. Reporting to the Community and Outreach Manager, the project coordinator will provide support in coordinating schedules, on site events, and areas such as marketing, development and administration.
Responsibilities and Other Duties include:
Reporting to the Community and Outreach Manager, the project coordinator will provide support in coordinating schedules, participating in on site events, and coordinating comprehensive action plans. They will be responsible for sourcing appropriate resources as needed, ensuring timeframes are being met and supporting the administration of the event including marketing and development as well as reporting and data entry as needed.
To succeed in this role, the candidate will have excellent time management and communication skills to collaborate with clients and internal teams and ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner. They will also understand and be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite and be willing to complete data entry on a regular basis.
This position is part-time, 2 days per week starting July 4, 2022 to September 2, 2022. The position is expected to work one day in administration, and one day on site. The administrative day will be from a virtual office, and on site at the event space every Saturday throughout the length of the contract.
Programming and Special Events Coordination
- Proactively support projects to ensure assigned tasks are completed.
- Provide administrative and onsite support for events and administration. ● Liaise with internal and external teams, artists and representatives.
- Attend onsite meetings and events throughout the summer and term of contract.
Marketing and Media Support
- On site social media support
- Social media content calendar creation and management
- Reporting social media analytics
Reporting and Administration
- Carry out administrative activities as required to support the Community and Outreach Manager and assist in keeping the project timelines on track.
- Collect data, providing statistics and reports on activities and impact.
- Work with team members to gather information needed to continue the project in an efficient and timely manner.
Requirements and Skills
- Must currently be a student in highschool or college. Priority will be given to students who live in or go to school in the Golden Mile area of Toronto.
- Must have excellent communication and time management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience in administration, production, event planning or marketing is an asset. ● Not-for-profit industry experience is an asset.
- French language is an asset.
This is a part- time contract position for a student starting July 4, 2022 to September 2, 2022 at $16.00 (CAD)/hr.
Prologue is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with all abilities.
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to Executive Director Maria Williams at [email protected]. Please include “Event and Project Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Application deadline is June 3, 2022.