The Possibility Program is inspired by the founding vision of Prologue – that every young person in Ontario should have access to performing arts experiences that inspire, empower and spark imaginations. The program subsidizes performances and workshops in schools that are identified as underserved and addresses issues of equity caused by limited school arts budgets.
Goals of this Program
- Increase opportunities for young people to engage in performing arts experiences with professional artists in their schools by removing economic barriers and allowing for equal access
- Create opportunities for educators to integrate performing arts experiences into their classrooms and enhance ongoing curriculum needs
- Strengthen student participation and involvement with diverse forms of cultural expression
Successful applicants will receive $500 per school year that can be used for a Prologue performance or workshop.. In the event the funding does not cover the full cost of the school’s selected Prologue artist company, the school is responsible for the remaining balance. Schools may need to work collaboratively with Prologue to determine which artist company is available and best suits their needs.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An elementary or secondary school in Ontario
- A demonstrated need due to limited school budget, socio-economic barriers within the school community or other identified barriers to access.
- Teachers, Principals, Office Administrators and Parent Council Members can apply to receive funding through the Possibility Program.
- All district school boards within Ontario are eligible to apply *
How to Apply
Applications will open Wednesday, June 1st, 2022 and will be available until the total funding has been allocated to successful applicants. Successful applicants will be notified within 14 days if their applications are successful.
Please see further details below regarding the application process.
- Read Program Guidelines to get all the essential details about the program.
- Complete the Program Application here (insert hyperlink)
- Still have questions? Contact Development Manager, Claire St-Francois at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-591-9092 ex.229.
Should applicants not be successful in securing a subsidy through the Possibility Program, please check back in Fall 2022, as additional funding may be available through a partnership funding program. More info to follow!