This year, Prologue is highlighting our new Secondary School Programming specifically for grades 9-12. These specially designed performances and workshops:
Engage your students through exploring contemporary issues related to social justice
Discuss issues such as mental health, racism, and gender sensitivity
- Slam! by All-Star Poets, using spoken word poetry as a means for expressing emotions
- One in Every Crowd by Ivan Coyote, exploring identity, difference, and gender sensitivity; Somewhere Over the Rainbow Sticker, a workshop specifically for LGBTQ2S youth.
- Nearly Lear – an award-winning performance by Susanna Hamnett, critically engaging students with classic Shakespearean literature
- Paving Your Own Path – percussionists TorQ discuss pursuing their passions and building successful careers as professional artists
- Liquid Lead: Gender Neutral Partner Dancing – Tottering Biped Theatre explores social conventions and gender norms in this convention-breaking performance. Watch their TED Talk here!
- A Piece of Twisted Steel – wind in the leaves collective’s interdisciplinary performance engages students with issues such as diversity, identity, power, and social dynamics
All of the above artists offer workshops to engage students beyond performances, as well.
Please call us at 1-888-591-9092 or email email@example.com for more information. We would be happy to help you choose the program that best fits your secondary school students’ needs.