Call for Program Committee Members
Prologue to the Performing Arts
Are you an artist, educator or community member interested in arts education who wants to give back to your community?
Want to get involved with a leading arts education organization and experience some of Ontario’s best in live performance for young audiences?
If so, consider applying to join the Prologue to the Performing Arts Program Committee!
We are seeking volunteers with experience in and knowledge of arts education, the performing arts, education, community arts or related areas to join Prologue’s Program Committee.
Prologue’s Program Committee is composed of committed volunteers and organization staff who review performances year-round and meet from September to May each year to select the organization’s artist roster.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role and responsibilities of the Program Committee include:
- Attend approximately 6 – 8 meetings a year at the Prologue offices in Toronto; or join over phone conference if located outside of the Greater Toronto Area
- Review and evaluate submissions from artists interested in joining the Prologue roster according to established criteria
- Attend new artist preview performances and evaluate current performances of Prologue artists
- Complete performance evaluation forms and provide constructive feedback in order to support and improve programs
- Consider the changing needs of young audiences and recommend future directions to the Board of Directors
Applicants must have availability during the day to attend meetings and preview performances in schools. We encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of Ontario and/or reside outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview with a Committee representative will be contacted.
Applicants are invited to review the current Prologue artist roster for more information on the organization’s artists in schools and communities program.
About Prologue to the Performing Arts
Prologue to the Performing Arts is a not-for-profit charitable organization that facilitates opportunities for young people to experience the performing arts within Ontario. For over 50 years, we have been broadening the horizons of students in Ontario by introducing them to the world of the performing arts. Each year, Prologue reaches 500,000 young people through over 1,800 diverse and impactful performances and workshops in schools and communities across the province.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to submit the following to [email protected] in PDF format with the subject heading “Prologue Program Committee”:
- CV or resume
- One page letter of interest
Deadline to Apply: Friday, June 29, 2018 @ 5:00pm
For more information, contact us at 1-888-591-9092 or [email protected].