2017-18 Pro-Tips Booking Guide
If you’re looking to bring artists to your school or community for the 2017-18 year, we’ve compiled a list of pro-tips to help you maximize your efforts!
- Book early! Many of our artists sell out in advance of their tours. Call or email us and we are able to hold performances for you for the following school year. In September, we will get in touch with you to confirm and finalize the booking.
- Can’t decide what to book? Call and speak with one of our booking representatives. We would be happy to help you choose performances best suited to your school’s grade levels, curriculum themes, and special events.
- Unsure if you can afford a show? Most of our shows cost just $1-2 per student! Here are some of our tips:
- Pizza Days or Bake Sales: These are fun, delicious ways to fundraise for a show. One pizza day is likely to raise enough funds for one Prologue show. The more pizza days/bake sales you have, the more shows your school can enjoy!
- Band Together! Pair up with teachers at your school, choose shows with cross-curricular connections, and put your individual budgets together to purchase performances.
- Contact your School Board: Many school boards have funds towards providing arts experiences in schools. Contact your school board to let them know of your plan, and it might be as simple as filling out an application to receive the funds.
- Contact the Ontario Ministry of Education: Teachers can often apply for funds through the Ministry of Education for performances focused on different areas (French language, FNMI, etc). Take a look at their website for more information.
- Outside of the GTA? No problem! Many of our artists tour to schools across Ontario. If you would like an artist to come to your school and you are located outside of the GTA, feel free to team up with neighbouring schools to bring the artist into town. Call or email email@example.com for more information.
If you need help with your booking, we’d be happy to answer your questions! Contact us HERE.