CALL FOR ARTISTS
What is tdsbCREATES?
tdsbCREATES is a System-wide Celebration of Dance, Drama, Media and Visual Arts in TDSB schools across the city. Students and teachers partner with artists to explore their personal perspectives and connections with others and the world around them through dance, drama, film, media arts, photography, spoken word, or visual arts. The festival culminates in schools, communities, galleries, and performing arts venues around the city of Toronto.
How are artists involved?
Artists take part as mentors or resident artists. Artists work as mentors to support the students to develop their creative voice and artistic skill. Students’ work is juried by a panel of professional artists and then selected to be part of the final showcase or exhibit. A residency artist facilitates a rich creative process over 5 days. The residency will culminate with a sharing of the learning, rather than a final exhibition or performance.
Who should attend this session?
- artists currently working in schools
- artists whose practice could be adapted and want to learn more about working in schools
- artists who are seeking out new opportunities
What to expect from this session:
- an overview of the festival
- the role of the artist in the schools
- and how to write a proposal that intersects with the Arts Curriculum.
Two dates and locations:
We are looking to expand the tdsbCREATES artist roster and participants at this session may be inspired to or invited to submit a proposal for the current or future programs.